Imagine spending more than $100 for a fitness band and then finding out you’re gaining weight. Some people love these activity trackers, but others struggle to figure them out. Learn how to use your fitness band to reach your weight loss goals and enhance your health.
Tips for if You Struggle With Your Fitness Bands
If you and your fitness band got off to a rocky start, you can still turn things around. A few tweaks can overcome some of the most common challenges.
- Shop around. You’ll find plenty of choices when it comes to picking a fitness accessory. Maybe you want a sporty bracelet or an inconspicuous clip on. Consider the features you’ll be using. You could even start out with a free fitness app so you’ll have a better idea of whether you want a simple tracker or a more elaborate model.
- Deemphasize calories. Whatever your fitness band says, know that your calorie needs vary widely based on factors such as muscle mass and body size. Focus on your overall wellbeing, rather than a strict calorie count.
- Listen to your body. Tune into what your body is trying to tell you. A sore elbow could suggest that it’s time for a day of rest instead of tennis. Some days your hamstrings will feel tight, and other days they’ll stretch easily.
- Connect with others. Technology is exciting, but social support is also valuable. Ask a trainer at your gym about how to vary your workouts. Invite a friend to join you for a swim.
- Pace yourself. Sustainable weight loss and fitness gains happen gradually. Set short term goals to maintain your enthusiasm for the long haul.